Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Victory!

Just came back from weigh in a little while ago, and I was down 3.6 lbs this week!! I thought for sure that my cheeseburger had sabotaged me, but I guess my running last night paid off! I feel even more committed that ever to my progress, and I only have 6.7 lbs til I hit my 10% goal. So now I'm going to set some new goals for this week since this seemed to work!

1) Lose at least 3 lbs this week
2) Stay within my points everyday (except Saturday, when I'll use some flex points for a friend's birthday dinner).
3) Work out at least five days this week
4) Keep drinking more water!!

I did see something at my weigh in today that was a little disappointing. The girl who weighed in in front of me stepped on the scale, placed her hands on the counter in front of her and raised herself up. At first I was outraged that she did this and wanted to scream "CHEATER!!", but then I thought, She's only hurting herself. We all do things to try to "trick" the scale on weigh in days- I only drink tea before weigh in, I take off my belt, I pee right before I get weighed, etc., but I actually felt bad for this girl, because she is lying to herself. I just wish that she would realize that the plan does work- when you follow it.

So far, today's food has been:

Breakfast:
-tea w/ Splenda- 0

Post Weigh-in snack:
-Pretzel thins- 2

Lunch:
-Smart Ones Chicken Enchiladas- 6
-Green salad w/ light ranch- 1
-Lite Arnold Palmer Tea- 3

Afternoon Snack:
-Red grapefruit -1

Dinner:
-Whole wheat pasta -3
-Light Alfredo- 2
-Zucchini & yellow squash -0

Dessert:
-100 Calorie pack jello pudding-2

Still leaves 4 points, and I'll be going to the gym tonight again for running and upper body weights.

3 comments:

Elle said...

Congratulations on the great loss. I just started reading your blog, and your perspective is really inspiring. Keep it up, I can't wait to read about more successes.

Nathan said...

Kerrin,

Great job on your loss this week. That is a great loss for you. It is great to hear you are getting close to your 10% goal. I can't wait for that day for me. Anyways your meal choices seemed to be decent, and it is great to hear you are going to the gym.

I feel the same way about that cheater lady, but she is only hurting herself. You can't help everyone.

Take care,

Nathan

Pamela said...

Congratulations on your loss! That is fantastic!