Sunday, October 12, 2008

Lazy Sundays and Skinny Lattes

For those of you who don't know what a skinny latte is, it's a flavored latte made with non-fat milk and sugar free syrup. Not as good as the original, but it definitely hits the spot for me. Whenever I have one of these for breakfast, I'm usually not hungry til lunchtime. I'm not a big coffee drinker by any means, but sometimes I want a warm beverage in the morning to wake me up, especially on weekends when I'm running my morning errands. So this morning as I'm strolling around Target looking for a dog bed and a fall wreath for the front door, I found a lot of comfort in my skinny latte knowing that I could have my delicious drink and not feel bad about it (only 3 pts). 

I'm going to take my measurements today to start tracking not only how much weight I lose, but how many inches I'm losing. With almost 8 lbs lost already, my clothes are fitting better, so I thought measurements might be a good thing to keep track of too. 

I'm still debating about whether or not I should keep attending WW meetings or just do the online version where you weigh yourself each week. Online is cheaper and I'm not really finding much motivation in my meetings thanks to a few women who feel that the meeting should focus on how they're not losing weight and take up the entire time with their comments and opinions. I'd like to be supportive of everyone at the meetings, but its hard when a few select people make the experience a chore for the rest of us..... 

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Hey Girlonamission,

Thanks for visiting my site. I have been to WW meetings, and this they are awful. I went to 2 meetings and both times there were women there talking about their chocolate addiction. I couldn't take it anymore, so I started doing WW by myself and fell off the ban wagon. Now I only do WW Online, and I'm doing very well. Find a section you like, and do a role call like we do in men's health. At night do a last call, this is like having two small meetings a day, which should keep you on pace. If you would like to keep in contact with me, I'm a pretty good support system. I currently support two other ladies at work. It is just quizing them, and ensuring they stay focus and on track. You can email me at nknightes@gmail.com if you are interested.