Saturday, October 18, 2008

Back from the gym

I just got back from the gym a little while ago, and I have to say that I actually loved it. I had to leave because they were about to close! I can't wait to get back in tomorrow morning and do both cardio and weights. I'm on my two week trial membership right now (because thanks to my last gym I have commitment issues!) but I'm pretty confident that I'll get a membership because I'm really happy with this gym. 

My challenge for the day was lunch. I had two scrambled eggs, a light english muffin and tea with Splenda for breakfast but then Mom & Dad wanted to go to a Chinese restaurant for lunch- one with a buffet. Rather than diving face first into egg rolls and sweet & sour sauce, I got vegetables, a little vegetable lo mein, and egg drop soup. I'm in Week 4 of the plan right now, so I feel like my ability to make good food choices is becoming second nature. 

Dinner is looking like a big green salad with fat free dressing and a Smart Ones frozen meal. After a very early morning and some manual labor, I'm looking forward to a lazy Saturday night with the book I'm reading and maybe a movie. 

No comments: