Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Back in the gym!

After weeks of talking about it, I finally went to the gym with Christina tonight. We spent 30 minutes on the treadmill, which was plenty since I haven't worked out in a while and because my shoulder is incredibly sore from shooting trap with a 12 gauge today... the good news is that I shot pretty well! Anyways, getting back in the gym felt great and having Christina for a workout partner made it more enjoyable. I'm going to use a one week pass before I commit, only because it's $45 a month for a two year membership and I have access to two free (but not so great) gyms at work and in my apt complex. The upside to the gym is better equipment, more equipment and lots of different classes to take. I'm pretty sure that I'll join- the gym is really nice with all of the equipment I'm looking for to get back into my routine and maybe incorporate some new things. So, thanks Christina for getting my ass in the gym! 

PS- the Shrimp Scampi was really good, but you may want to use less lemon juice (1/2 cup total rather than 1 cup) because it's REALLY lemony!

1 comment:

Your favorite cousin :) said...

So, I will admit that I have begun the Weight Watchers journey again. It has been about two weeks. I typed up a page that I print every morning, put it on the fridge & track my points. Besides getting healthy, I have a cruise on 11/1 and no one likes being the beach whale on a cruise ship, lol. I think this web page is a great idea. Not that this has anything to do with our journeys with Weight Watchers but Tom made a website for us. Go to web.me.com/thomasdyoung. You can see the pictures of Natalie since I gave up on Myspace. TTYL xoxoxox