Sunday, October 19, 2008

Snacks at the movies

I had a great start to a cold morning with a warm bowl of oatmeal and an hour in the gym (30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of upper body). But the temptation of the day looming ahead is going to the movies. I'm very excited to see the movie (The Duchess) and spending some quality time with my friends, but I'm afraid of the popcorn with extra butter and the candy that lies ahead. So to combat the temptation, I'm going prepared with my own snacks, to both stay on plan and not spend $8.00 on a bottle of water. I'm packing a mini bag of 94% fat free popcorn, a 1 point dark chocolate raspberry mini bar and a huge bottle of water. Thank god I carry a huge purse to hide all this stuff in so I don't get thrown out of the theatre! 

For lunch I'm having tuna salad (made with fat free mayo of course), a sliced red bell pepper and a few club crackers. Dinner is looking like tomato sauce over spaghetti squash with mixed vegetables (red pepper, asparagus, yellow squash and zucchini). 

1 comment:

theantijared said...

Here is a secret??? Take a big purse. Air pop popcorn. Spray Butter flavor Pam on it, and then add salt and Splenda. It taste like Kettle corn. Just a idea!! Have fun at the movies