Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Good News and the Bad News.....

I'll start with the good news: Working out with Curtis, my trainer, was great last night. I wanted him to really kick my ass and he sure did! His work out was fun but tough and didn't involve a single weight machine. My legs felt like Jello at the end of the session thanks to lots of squats and balance exercises. In my opinion, there are few things that are better than the feeling you have at then end of a great workout. It's exhaustion in the best sense of the word......

Now on to the bad news: I stepped on the scale this morning for my "Pre Weigh In" weigh in (so that there are no nasty surprises) and was up 0.2 lbs from last week. I knew that I would gain a little or at least maintain my weight from last week thanks to Mother Nature's monthly visit and all the glorious water retention that goes with it (ladies, you know what I mean). I'm sure the cheeseburger splurge at lunch yesterday didn't help either, but that boot camp work out last night may have been my cheeseburger saving grace. A slight gain isn't really what disappoints me (I haven't gained since Week 1), it's the fact that I didn't reach my mini-goal of reaching my 10% loss by Thanksgiving. I'm so close I can taste it, but with new resolve I am determined to get there next week and move on to my next goal of losing 25 lbs total by Christmas. Thankfully my picky eating helps with Holiday meals since I've never really been a big fan of Thanksgiving and Christmas food, but we'll see if a renewed spirit and Curtis' boot camp workouts can get me there! I'll check back in later with the official results of weigh-in.

3 comments:

Nathan said...

Kerrin,

Sorry to hear that Mother Nature came when I know you were so close to your goal of losing 10%. I know you can rebound next week with a great weight loss. Just wanted to check in with you!

Nathan said...

Kerrin,

My goal weight is to get to at least 199. Then I will be able to say I'm less than 200. I don't ever believe I will be what the dr. recommend of 150-160lbs but I'd like to be at least in the 190's.

Nathan said...

Kerrin,

Congrats I have nominated you for the Marie Antoinette Award. Please stop by and leave me a note. Great job you DESERVE it!

"Let's eat and be healthy"