Monday, December 1, 2008

The Post-Holiday Fall Out

Usually the holidays aren't a time of too much temptation for me.... being a picky eater, I'm not a big fan of too much of the traditional Thanksgiving and Christmas food. My problem this year was all the times I went out to eat in the days after Thanksgiving. I am by no means blaming my family and friends because I made the decision to go and what to eat, but I can admit that I didn't make the wisest choices and I'm paying for it now. The day after Thanksgiving, I went out to lunch with my parents to a Mexican restaurant and had vegetable fajitas. Not a bad choice, right? But I negated that good choice by adding copious amounts of chips and queso dip. Friday night I went out with friends to our favorite Chinese place. I could have made good choices, but instead I had two fruity, sugar-laden cocktails, three crab rangoons and and order of General Tso's Shrimp (fried). Now I didn't eat my entire entree, but steamed vegetables and egg drop soup would have been a more prudent choice. On Saturday I went out to dinner with my parents at Ruby Tuesday and had a cheeseburger. I only ate half of it and a few fries, but still could have done better with the salad bar. On Sunday night we went out to dinner again, this time to a different Mexican restaurant where I had cheese enchiladas and lots of tortilla chips. Eating out at restaurants is my downfall, mainly because I see it as a treat, something where I should be able to eat whatever I want. Despite all of this food, I've managed to maintain my current weight and not gain. I'm hoping that in these three days before my weigh in, I can staying on plan and redeem my evil deeds from the past week. I'll be in the gym every night working it off, so wish me luck! Here's the meal plan for the day to keep me accountable:

Breakfast:
-1 cup grapefruit
-1 light English muffin with light butter
-1 cup fat free milk
-1 cup of tea with Splenda and fat free milk

AM Snack:
-got busy and didn't get to eat it
-Water

Lunch:
-Smart Ones Fettuccine Alfredo & Broccoli
-Green salad with light dressing
-Banana
-Diet Dr Pepper
-Water

PM Snack (Pre-Gym):
-1 orange
-2 hard boiled egg whites
-Water

PM Snack (Post-Gym):
-Kashi Granola Bar

Dinner:
-Creamy Chicken and Mushrooms (I'll post the recipe tomorrow)
-brown rice
-steamed veggies

Dessert:
-sugar free Jello pudding

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I am in completely the same situation you are as far as eating out after the holiday! It sounds like you had a great plan for today though! I know you're going to do great!

I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Marie Antoinette Award (see my blog). You're such an inspiration to me!