Sunday, December 7, 2008

Weekend successes

During my last post, I wrote about trying to keep a Friday morning bagel from setting a dangerous chain of eating events into motion. So how did I do? Pretty darn good, actually. At the Christmas party complete with open bar, appetizers and buffet, I had 2 beers during the cocktail hour and no appetizers. When we went in for dinner, I had one more beer and ate salad with balsamic vinaigrette, mixed vegetables, wild rice and 1/8 cup mashed potatoes. I also passed on the dessert afterwards. When I got home later that night, I ate the dinner I had already planned out (high fiber pasta with ground turkey meat sauce). 

Yesterday I had a business meeting all day which we were having catered for breakfast with muffins, bagels, turnovers and donuts, followed a lunch of lasagna and garlic bread. Since it was held in our office, I brought my breakfast and lunch like I do most days- oatmeal for breakfast, orange slices for a morning snack, leftover pasta and veggies for lunch, and an apple for my afternoon snack. I never touched the catered food! When we took our visitors out for dinner last night I did get a pasta dish but didn't finish and passed on the appetizers. It's a small success, but it's nice to have my will power back after last weekend. I stepped on the scale this morning and was delighted to see that I've dropped into the 150's!! I'm hoping that I can keep the ball rolling until weigh in on Wednesday! For now, I'm off to the gym! 

2 comments:

BVar said...

Congratulations on your success at the Christmas party. I would say you did wonderful. You had so many temptations & stuck to your healthy lifestyle.

Nathan said...

Kerrin,

I haven't been around much, but wanted to check in on ya. I see you did well with your XMAS party. Great Job! Talk to you soon!