Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Attention Pizza Lovers....

While browsing the supermarket with my handy Points Calculators the other day, I was aimlessly wandering near the frozen pizza, mourning the loss of yet another food I used to enjoy.... 

But then I saw Kashi's frozen pizza, specifically the Mushroom Trio & Spinach. The picture on the box looked delicious and with "14g of Protein and 4g of Fiber" on the packaging, I knew I had to check out the nutritional information and find the points value. For 1/3 of the pizza (one serving), it's only 5 points! That's right folks, only 5 points for a generous portion! I bought it, thinking to myself, It must be too good to be true... I bet it tastes like cardboard. 

After a long day at work, tutoring two students and a great weigh in, I felt like I was ready for a reward and decided that tonight would be a great time to try the Kashi pizza. I placed it in the oven, watching the crust rise and the cheese melt, just like it looked on the box. When it was ready I immediately cut it into thirds and put away the 2/3rds that I wouldn't be eating. I finally bit into my pizza and couldn't have been more surprised! Not only did the pizza  look good, but it tasted good and was actually fit into my food plan! It totally satisfied my pizza craving and made a very filling meal with a side of mixed veggies. If you love pizza, this is one brand that you've got to check out!

3 comments:

Ella Enchanted said...

Thanks for the great pizza review! I have seen the Kashi pizzas but never checked out the nutritional info. I just thought it would be best for me to stay away from pizza! I will buy one this weekend...I won't have to worry about the other 2/3 of the pizza, the hubby will gladly take care of that for me! Thanks girl...have a great day!!!

Richard Hicks said...

I think Mickey D's coffee actually BEAT Starbucks coffee in a lot of taste tests. I could really care less, though, since I don't drink coffee. Haha. I never wanted to become one of those people who can't function without a pitcher of coffee every morning. Plus, I never really got into the whole coffee taste. (I realize this has nothing to do with your post, by the way. I was gonna post it in my blog, in response to your comment, but I figured that if I did that you wouldn't see it. Not that it's that all that important that you DO see it, but, you know. I'm shutting up now.)

GirlOnAMission said...

I hear what you're saying Rich, I'm not much of a coffee person either. And I'm going to demand that you blog more.... so get to typing! :)