Friday, December 5, 2008

Trying not to let my morning get the best of me....

This is an unusual Friday for me. First of all, I was tasked with getting breakfast foods and beverages for up to 15 people ready at work by 8:00. Normally I don't have to be to work until 8:30, but this a group of VIPs were coming to the building and we wanted to have a nice little spread for them. That meant I had to go to Panera for 1 1/2 dozen bagels and cream cheese this morning and then to the grocery store to pick up OJ, muffins, turnovers and a fruit platter. I got into the office, set everything up and then......... nothing. Everyone was going to be late, and I would be left alone with all of this food. I had my Kashi Cereal Bar for breakfast and my glass of fat free milk, but by 9:00 those bagels were looking mighty tasty and I ate one, laden with cream cheese. Keep in mind that I will still earn 8 activity points at the gym tonight to make up for my bagel mistake, but I was still disappointed in myself for eating it. Oh well, the deed is done, time to move on to my next hurdle for the day.....

The dreaded company Christmas party with an open bar!!!

That's right, at noon we will begin the great migration to the beautiful Waterford events center where I will spend a few hours with an open bar, appetizers and a buffet. I've promised myself that I will have just one beer (light, of course) and only eat salad and vegetables at the buffet. Absolutely no mashed potatoes, bread & butter or dessert!!! We'll see how well I do, but I feel a mountain of temptation coming. Reason #468 to hate the Holiday season!!

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Kerrin,

I work in a hotel so I totally can relate on temptation! The temptation is the #1 thing I hate about hotel kitchens!

Take care, and keep up that will power! Forget the bagel and move on!

Pamela said...

You can do it! I have faith in you! Let us know how it goes!