Monday, December 8, 2008

Yet another holiday party....

'Tis the season to be..... EATING, DRINKING and generally putting things in your body that shouldn't be there. I am determined to not go overboard at yet another holiday party at work. Thankfully there will be no alcohol at this one, but there will be sugary punch. I'm going to bring my own water to keep from drinking a day's worth of points. I've also eaten a pretty filling lunch and I have my own snacks on hand should I feel the need to eat (string cheese and orange slices). However, I know that there will be a fruit tray and veggie platter so I'll have some safe choices! I'll be back in the gym tonight too for my usual cardio and light weights. Here's the meal plan for the day:

Breakfast:
-3 slices turkey bacon
-light multi-grain English muffin with sugar free blackberry jam
-1 cup fat free milk

AM Snack:
-1 cup red grapefruit
-small banana

Lunch:
-turkey and reduced fat provolone on a pumpernickel wrap with fat free mayo & dijon mustard
-1 1/3 cup steamed green beans
-small apple
-sugar free jello pudding
-Diet Dr. Pepper

PM Snack:
-orange slices
-reduced fat string cheese

Dinner:
-Shrimp & vegetable stir-fry with garlic sauce
-1 cup brown rice

Dessert:
-sugar free jello

No comments: