Saturday, November 15, 2008

The joys of Breakfast....

I have to admit, for most of my life I was not a big breakfast person. It was a meal I usually skipped, especially when I was in school. To me, breakfast was a caffeinated soda or a glass of OJ.... no food required. 

Since being on the plan, I've really learned to love breakfast. My eyes were opened to many foods I never knew I loved like oatmeal, egg whites, grapefruit and turkey bacon. Before I went to the gym this morning, I had a packet of low sugar oatmeal (made with water) and 2 scrambled egg whites so that I would have something to fuel my workout. After my workout I came home and made an egg white omelet with onion, red pepper, mushrooms and reduced fat cheese with 3 slices of turkey bacon and a glass of fat free milk. I had plenty of energy to get through my workout and my "second" breakfast left me full and satisfied. The best part? I could eat all of that food (pre and post workout meals) for only 9 points!

That leaves me with 17 points left for the day, including the 3 activity points I earned this morning at the gym. I'm going wine tasting with a friend this afternoon, so I've already decided on just 2 glasses of wine and no cheese & crackers!! Lunch will be a turkey sandwich with tomato soup and dinner will be leftover Mexican casserole and a salad. 

4 comments:

Carlos said...

i just finished reading all your entries. i love your blog. you have such a unique perspective on WL. thanks for sharing...

Nathan said...

Kerrin,

You are absolutely right about Breakfast. I have never been much of a breakfast eater, but have always enjoyed breakfast foods for different meals. Today I had the egg white omolete myself, with lots of tasty veggies. Anyways I agree with you.

Let me know what kinds of wines you tasted. I use to purchase Beverage for a hotel a few years ago. I'm a fool for a nice Pinot Grigio!

Cheers!

Havalah said...

Hi! I just found your blog through Nathan over at Road to Recovery. I started my WW journey at 170 so I was excited to find someone else with a similar goal. Sometimes it can be totally different to have someone on the same path as you. I'd love it if you checked out my blog. I'll be back to read how you're doing!

a journey in new zealand said...

hi!
i have a real different goal but i think we are all in the same journey :learn to be healthy and enjoying food!

i like you blog! encouraging!
for me it's more a journey to learn to be healthy and lose the 8-9 kg that i took last 10 months... it's not a lot but i'm really struggling to lose them!
it's more for being good with myself that i'm doing that (more than a medical need..), anyway it's hard to find support in those condition cause people don't really understand why i'm doing that..

i will be back to read you again!