Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Just found a great product...

I was born on Long Island and lived there for 8 years, so seafood has always been a huge part of my life, even after moving to Virginia. I've never been a big chicken or red meat person, so fish and seafood have been a staple in my diet for as long as I can remember. Growing up, my Mom used to buy me the Gorton's flavored fish filets that can bake in the oven or nuke in the microwave and I loved them. While browsing through the frozen foods aisle the other day, I was reunited with the Gorton's filets and assumed that they would be too high in points and that they were out of the question. I pulled out my handy points calculator (I take it everywhere) and to my surprise, the filets were only 2 points each! They come in a bunch of flavors like Lemon Butter, Garlic Butter or even plain so you can add your own seasonings. Plus, you just stick it in the oven or microwave and you have a quick, flavorful and healthy meal. 

I made one of the the filets tonight along with some whole wheat pasta and steamed veggies for a tasty and filling dinner. I also cooked an extra serving of pasta and chopped an extra serving of vegetables so that I can save myself some time and make this meal again Thursday night. Here's my daily menu since it's been a while... 

Breakfast:
-1 1/2 cups Honey Bunches of Oats cereal
-1 cup fat free milk 

Lunch:
-2 oz turkey breast on whole grain white bread with 1 slice havarti cheese, 2 slices of tomato, and 1 tsp fat free mayo and dijon mustard
-1/2 cup sugar free mixed fruit jello 
-Diet Dr. Pepper 

Snack:
-1 serving Stacy's Simply Naked Pita Chips 

Dinner:
-1 Lemon Garlic Gorton's fish filet 
-2 oz high fiber pasta with 1 tsp light butter 
-2 cups steamed zucchini and yellow squash 
-Diet Dr. Pepper   

Dessert:
-Sugar free jello chocolate pudding
-herbal tea with Splenda

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Kerrin,

I know today was WI for you and me. Just reporting that I've lost 2.6lbs this week making it 36 lbs in 10 weeks. I'm so excited. How are doing? I have to say you look so good in that photo you posted. You really can tell the difference in your face. I hope all is well, stop by and tell me what's up!