Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Delicious new meal....

First of all, I have to start by singing the praises of Eating Well for their delicious, healthy and easy meals. Last night's Lemon-Garlic Shrimp and Vegetables recipe was no exception. If you like shrimp scampi, this is the recipe for you......I made brown rice to serve it with and I couldn't believe how delicious and filling it was! I always try to look for meals that are well-rounded with protein, carbs and of course vegetables which can be hard since I don't eat a lot of meat. Even though this recipe is amazing as is, you could easily substitute your favorite vegetables in place of the red pepper and asparagus or replace the shrimp with chicken or beef for those who don't like or are allergic to shellfish. The best part of this recipe was that it made 4 servings, so I had three meals leftover when dinner was done, taking care of lunch today, dinner tomorrow and lunch on Thursday!

I've got weigh in tomorrow and I'm very excited because I've been peeking at my scale all week to check my progress. I have to admit, I can't stay away from the scale and I weigh myself every morning and night.... it helps keep me accountable. I had both an SV (scale victory) and NSV (non-scale victory) this morning because I was only 0.8 lbs away from my 10% goal and my pants are definitely too big, so I can't wait to see the official results of my weigh in tomorrow. There is something very therapeutic about recording the amount of weight you've lost.........

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Kerrin,

Is our big day, let's make it HUGE. I want to hear about how big of a LOSER YOU ARE (LOL)!

Pamela said...

Good luck on your weigh in! I know you're going to do great! And thank you for the tip about the Eating Well website. I'm going to have to try out some of their recipes!