Friday, November 14, 2008

Skinny Jeans

About a month ago I bought a pair of "skinny jeans" (ones that are tapered like leggings) to wear inside my boots at Ann Taylor. I bought them in a size 8 and then had them professionally tailored from the knee down to make the legs even more tapered so that they would fit in my boots. I was so excited when I picked them up from the tailor the other day because I've lost enough to fit in them comfortably. I've been looking forward to wearing them all week and when I put them on this morning, I couldn't believe how great they looked and felt! I was so happy to fit into single pants again!

I was always the skinny girl who wore size 4 and 6 and didn't start wearing size 8 pants until college. Even after college, I remained a size 6 or 8 until about a year ago when I realized I had to buy size 10 pants. I almost cried the first time I had to buy them and I was devastated when I had to increase to a size 12 about 6 months ago. I started my weight loss at a size 12 and in just 8 weeks I'm back down to an 8. While my ideal size is still a 6 or a 4, I'm seeing my body get back to what it once was. Only wanting to lose 41 lbs, my loss of 13.2 lbs so far has been very noticable and I can't wait to "reunite" with my old figure. Now I can't wait to go to the gym tonight and hit that treadmill!