Monday, November 10, 2008

Long weekends make for bad eating....

This has been a little bit of a crazy week with a lot of ups and downs. The good news is that my sister delivered a healthy, beautiful baby boy named Tristan Matthew on Friday and he couldn't be more perfect! We've been anxiously awaiting his arrival and I'm so glad that he's finally here! However, his arrival also meant some celebratory eating. I made a good choice of ordering stir fry shrimp and vegetables, but then I spilt some German Chocolate Cake and Coconut Cake with my Mom & sister which negated the good entree choice. 

The bad news is that my dog (technically my roommate's but I love her like my own) was diagnosed with Lyme's Disease and allergies. Luckily they have her on medication and she should be back to her old self soon. A friend of mine was also admitted to the hospital with a potentially life threatening condition and even though he'll be OK, I feel bad for all of the stress he's under right now. After visiting him the other night, I made an emotional eating run to Taco Bell. 

I've taken today off from work and I have tomorrow off for Veteran's Day, so I'm trying to stay on track even though long weekends are dangerous for me because I'm not on my usual "feeding" schedule where I plan my meals and eat at the same times everyday. I've got my usual weigh in on Wednesday and so far the scale is telling me that I'm right on track to have the loss I'm looking for this week. Let's keep our fingers crossed..... 


No comments: